Office Insurance

Whether you own an office, lease your workspace, or work from a home office – we can customize a comprehensive office insurance package that suits the needs of your business. Chat with a Trigon broker today to find the right coverage for you.


Who needs office insurance?

Any organization that conducts their operations in an office space, for example:

  • Accounting firms & bookkeepers
  • Advertising agencies
  • Dental offices
  • Doctor’s offices
  • Information technology (IT) offices
  • Law offices
  • Real estate agencies

What does office insurance cover?

Commercial General Liability (CGL) Insurance protects business owners like you if you’re found responsible for any bodily injuries or property damage that occurs at your location. Suppose someone experiences a “slip and fall” accident. This type of policy provides coverage for legal expenses and damage awards.

Commercial Property Insurance protects your business and its contents, like office furniture and computer equipment—against insured risks including but not limited to fire, theft, or vandalism. It can also provide protection from Business Interruption to cover your overhead costs if you have to close your office because of an insured claim.

Professional Liability Insurance, also referred to as Errors and Omissions (E&O) Insurance, provides essential coverage if your office offers advice or professional services. Or, you may require coverage to operate or practice your profession. This policy protects against lawsuits arising from negligence, misconduct, or failure to properly render services.

Frequently Asked Questions

Will my home insurance policy cover my business too?

Not necessarily. Suppose you operate your business out of your home. You’ll likely need added protection for your specific business operations as it’s often excluded in typical home insurance policies. Talk to our brokers about obtaining Commercial General Liability (CGL) to cover your business operations.

Do I need insurance if I’m renting my office space?

Yes! Some, if not most, landlords may require your business to have insurance before they lease you the office space. It’ll also give you peace of mind knowing you’re covered against bodily injury claims or accidental property damage on the premises.

Should I get cyber liability insurance for my office policy?

Cyber Liability Insurance has become increasingly critical as businesses digitize their operations. Suppose you have an e-commerce store, process credit or debit card payments or store customer data online. In that case, you’ll want cyber insurance to protect against electronic incidents like cyber-attacks and data breaches.

Questions? Let us help you.

Speak with a broker to learn more about office insurance.