Personal Trainer Insurance

As a personal trainer or fitness instructor, you work hard to promote a healthy lifestyle and push your clients to achieve their best. Your Trigon broker will do the heavy lifting building an insurance policy that’s right for you and your business—no sweat!


Who needs personal trainer insurance?

  • Fitness instructors
  • Gym and fitness facility owners
  • Yoga instructors
  • Martial arts instructors

What does personal trainer insurance cover?

Commercial General Liability (CGL) Insurance is critical coverage to have in place if you are a fitness instructor or personal trainer. No shortage of potential injuries or damages can occur under your watch. A CGL policy will generally cover legal expenses, medical fees, and damage awards.

Commercial Property Insurance protects the valuable assets you need to operate your business. Exercise equipment, diagnostic tools, office furniture, etc., are all insured against risks like fire, theft, or water damage.

Professional Liability Insurance, also referred to as Errors and Omissions (E&O) Insurance, is critical when providing advice or services. In some cases, it may be required by clubs or studios for you to operate in their facilities. This policy protects you against lawsuits arising from negligence, misconduct, or failure to correctly render services.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need insurance to do personal training online?

Absolutely. There’s still the risk of potential bodily injury resulting from your operations as a personal trainer, even if you’re not standing side-by-side with your client. Also, suppose you store your clients’ information online or accept online payments. In that case, you should even consider cyber liability coverage to protect against privacy breaches or cyber-attacks.

Am I covered while training clients at my home gym?

If you’re conducting personal training sessions out of your home, a typical home insurance policy won’t provide adequate coverage for or may exclude any claims arising from any business operations you conduct there. Chat with your Trigon broker about Commercial Property Insurance to cover your fitness equipment and other business contents and CGL Coverage for your operations.

Questions? Let us help you.

Speak with a broker to learn more about personal trainer insurance.