Restaurant Insurance

You have unique risks, whether you own and operate a licensed family-style restaurant or fine dining establishment, an unlicensed cafe, pastry shop, or bakery. Restaurant insurance will ensure you have the right coverage to protect your business and investment.


Who needs restaurant insurance?

  • Dine-in restaurants
  • Take away or fast-food restaurants
  • Bakeries
  • Bars and pubs
  • Cafes and coffee shops
  • Food trucks or mobile food vendors

What does restaurant insurance cover?

Commercial General Liability (CGL) Insurance protects you if you’re found responsible for any property damage or bodily injury. Suppose an employee or customer slips and falls in your restaurant. In that case, a CGL policy will generally cover any legal expenses, medical fees, and damage awards.

Commercial Property Insurance protects your restaurant location and contents from insured perils outside your control, like fire, natural disasters, and theft. It can also include business interruption coverage if your restaurant cannot operate because of an insured claim.

Equipment Breakdown Insurance is critical coverage to consider when purchasing restaurant insurance. The cost to repair or replace restaurant equipment that is broken or damaged from a mechanical or electrical issue can undoubtedly add up. You’ll want to make sure you have Equipment Breakdown Coverage if this happens.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need business interruption coverage?

Business Interruption Coverage might be a good option for your restaurant if you could not operate due to an insured claim like a fire. This coverage provides financial compensation for lost income (like overhead costs and staff wages) during the time it takes to restore your operations.

Is my restaurant covered for liquor liability?

Typically, Liquor Liability is additional coverage that you can add to your restaurant insurance policy. Suppose your restaurant is licensed to serve alcohol. There’s an incident where alcohol is deemed a contributing factor. In that case, you’ll want to have liquor liability coverage to protect you if you’re held liable for any damages or injuries.

Should I have cyber insurance for my restaurant?

If your restaurant has an online reservation system or customers can place their take-out orders on your website, you should protect your customers. Cyber Insurance protects their personal and financial data from cyber attacks and privacy breaches.

Request A Quote

Questions? Let us help you.

Speak with a broker to learn more about restaurant insurance.